Monday, January 28, 2008

Benihana's?

Lately Jeff and I have been getting into trying to cook more "Gourmet" meals...it's been quite fun actually...
Tonight we made steak the Benihana's style since we love to go there and Jeff works there too so he's always watching how the cooks do things. It tasted just like Benihana's, but a little better...(Good job Jeff) and I made a little stir fry vegetables to go with it! Simple, but yummy!!! (I guess that wasn't too gourmet).
The other day I made a pumpkin black bean soup, two days ago I made some south of the border salsa containing black beans, tomatoes, corn, avocado, cilantro, red wine vinegar, cumin, lime juice, garlic, and a few other things that I can't think of off the top of my head. We also made this roasted tomato sherry soup that was really good (we were trying to make it like the one we had at Biaggi's)...
Anyways, it's fun cooking together and it's something we've found that we enjoy doing together. Oh yeah...and I made some cheesecake the other day (but cut the recipe in half...and accidentally forgot to only use half the amount of eggs...so it turned out more like a cheese souffle' than a cheese cake. Still tasty though) I also made this chocolate chocolate chip creme cake loaf that was pretty good, but my reason for making it was because Sarah (my lovely sister) and I have a tradition of buying one from the store and eating it...(and it's so yummy) so I tried to make one from scratch. I mailed her a mini loaf. Hopefully she'll get it by tomorrow...Yay! Jeff baked her some of his famous chocolate chip cookies to put in the lil package too. :)

Have a favorite recipe of your own?

1 comment:

Sarah Dee said...

ya know in the beginning of reading this I was thinking "man! I wish I was up there, all this stuff sounds AMAZING!!!" then I get to the bottom and thought to myself "this stuff WAS and tasted amazing!" Home cooked food is the best! Thank you so much for the goodies!!! I miss all our traditions... we sure do have alot with food tho! ha and I love how you and jeff are cooking together... that is GREAT stuff. I love you nikki!