Monday, February 4, 2008

Learn from the Ants you Lazybones!

I came across this while reading today...it's funny because I was just cleaning and I was thinking about the verse in the Bible that says, "Be like the ant, you sluggard." And I opened up my Bible and there it was!!!
Proverbs 6:6-11 (NLT)
Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and be wise! ...how long will you sleep? When will you wake up? ...A little extra sleep, a little more slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest--and poverty will pounce on you like a bandit; scarcity will attack you like an armed robber.

Sometimes when Jeff gets up for work, I think, oh I will just sleep a little longer...because Ethan isn't awake yet. And when I do, I usually feel worse than if I would have just gotten up. If I would get up when Jeff does and do some house work before Ethan awakens, I could probably get even more done in a day! (Or spend time with Jeff before he leaves).
This morning, I did just that. I got up and hung out with him for a little while before he left and it was really nice quiet quality time.

I like how the scriptures call us "lazybones." I want to be like an ant!!! ...it says a LITTLE extra sleep, a LITTLE more slumber, a LITTLE folding of the hands to rest...it just says that it only takes a LITTLE to fall behind. It's easy when someone at my work calls me and asks if they can take my shift tonight to just say yes, right? I mean, why go to work if someone wants to go in for me? Well, I have been saying no to this and so has Jeff. I believe it will help us get ahead little by little instead of falling behind LITTLE by LITTLE.
If you run out of work, do SOMETHING that will bring in some kind of income, it is better to keep moving forward little by little instead of not moving at all (the scripture also talks about when we aren't moving forward, we are actually falling behind and cannot stand still).

Be like an Ant!!!

No comments: