Sunday, February 17, 2008

Eagle Street...

So, I work at this place called Eagle Street Grille. My first real serving job ever. It was the first job that I have ever liked working at, and in fact STILL like working at. There is just something about being there, away from everything that is just fun! Plus all the people I work with are really cool and fun too. I like the setting...there is an area with couches and big comfy chairs and a cozy fireplace (like a coffee shop) that you can sit in too besides the dining room and bar area. It's a nice atmosphere (except at night when all the crazies come out). Anyways, it was my first job after moving out of my house and everyone there has seen me through the HUGE transitioning stages of my life...they worked with me before I was engaged, while I was engaged, after I got married, while being pregnant, while having my first baby...and that's what makes this so hard. 
Lately I've been feeling like I need to quit working there because it isn't really an uplifting environment. The thing is, it's so hard to quit because I've known these people for so long and I've spent so much time with them over the past 3 1/2 years. The people you work with, you spend the most time with...I work 20-30 hours a week and I don't even see Jeff 20-30 hours a week. So, if I'm at Eagle Street 20-30 hours a week in an environment that isn't edifying, what do you think it's doing to my Spirit? Well, that's what I'm wondering. I like working there a lot and I've been there for almost 4 years...it's so hard to know what to do.
Not only that, but the money is so so so good. It's really hard to walk away from that especially. It's nice to just always have cash on hand and it is abundant...that's the other hard part. I'm praying for direction. 
What do you think?

1 comment:

Jake said...

I think it sounds like you already know what you should do.
;-)