Friday, March 28, 2008

Free Loaders...Ugh!

Have you ever met someone that you would call a "free loader"? Well, this bride I've been working with for the past 5 months is DEFINITELY one! I think she has tried to get me to throw in many many extras (I'm a florist, if you didn't know) for free! And, me being way too nice sometimes, did some of just that! And now, the wedding day, I'm regretting it...here's why:
She got $1200 worth of flowers for $500...(if she would have purchased from a flower shop, she would have paid $1200 or more for what she got.) So, I get a call tonight from her wedding coordinator (after the wedding is over at 8p.m. and I dropped the flowers off at 3:30 p.m. today!!!) and she says, the pew decorations wilted and turned brown and died. I'm sorry, but there is no way they would have died in that amount of time!!!! They were like, "We want a credit" I'm like, I'm sorry, but I will need to see pictures. Did you use them? They said they didn't use them, but I would like pictures showing that they did not use them...sometimes this bridal stuff is crazy business! Yikes! Bridezilla!!!! AHhhhhhh!!! Anyways, she already paid for them, and if I can help it, she will not be getting a refund...as I only made 1/5 th of the price of flowers as profit as it is~!!! ANd I worked on them for 2 days straight! Plus 3 different appointments...she has been so needy and always wanting EVERYTHING free! I will definitely watch out for these people in the future! Here are some pictures of what she got...



Her HUGE cascading bouquet...you would definitely pay around $250 or more in a shop for this...she only paid $62...oh my gosh, I just looked at that...and can't believe that's all she paid for that...yikes, she got a steal of a deal. Yes, those are real flowers...Jeff is holding it for me (Thanks, Jeff) (Orchids, Roses, Lillies, Ivy)















hmmm...what else? Oh yeah...the corsages...she paid $5 each for these: (these would be $15 or more in a shop) Like her colors? I don't!














Ah, yes, the reception centerpieces...guess how much? $10.50 each!!!!!! A shop would charge $35 at least!!!!!! I guess you could say I've learned my lesson...man, I must have been out of it when I let her have such good deals...because I really don't know what I was thinking. Haha I've learned a lot! I will not let people low ball me and take it anymore!!!
















I'm not a huge bright purple fan, but it didn't turn out bad, right?

Oh yeah, the cheesy killer...here it is: A heart made of purple carnations (I think it still looked pretty despite what it is) but doesn't it look cheesy on that curtain (I didn't hang it there, the people did) with those initials? It is behind the head table...next time I hear someones color is electric purple, I will run!!! hahahahah

(Those letters are 2 ft tall if that gives you any idea of how big the heart is!















Probably sounds like I'm complaining...and well, I am, but I am thankful for the learning experience!!!

5 comments:

Jake said...

Bummer dude. My recommendation:

Explain your situation just as you did in this post (only leave out the term bridezilla, haha). Then ask her if she paid any attention to her husband instead of the stupid decorations (your flowers look amazing however)

Then sing her this song:


:::bridezilla movin' down the tracks:::

:::watch out for that bridezilla:::
:::watch out for that bridezilla:::
:::toot toot:::

Jake said...

I just looked at those pics and prices again.

Are you on something? Why'd you give her supplier pricing? ...just wonderin'


(amazing flowers btw)

Jake said...

I think we paid like $2k for our flowers. And they weren't as awesome as your's...

Jake said...

And YES, if someone ever mentions purple flowers again, RUN!!!

Sheena said...

Oh my that is annoying. Like Jake said we paid a lot for our flowers and they turned out nothing like your beautiful flowers! You are amazing and have such a great talent!!