Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jakey!

A lil gallery all about Jake...

Look how "Cool" he looks in this pic at the AR Razorbacks game...














Ope, here's the real deal: Christmas with a new babe.















Wearing his Easter Egg Cookie Mask...what a chappy!





















I guess he cleans up well! (Sheena, "[Insert loud whistle here]"

















And then he of course, manages to work the "Sass" with my Son...















Today is my brother Jake's Birthday!

I hope you have an amazing day, Jake! (since I know you'll read this!)

Jake is a great older brother...he likes it when we pull things from the childhood "memory box" so I'm going to try real quick...

I remember when he used to drive us to school in his black z34 all decked out. It was great. On mornings when I was crabby, he'd put silly music on and do the kangaroo dance just to annoy me. In my head, I actually thought it was funny and admired him for not being crabby back. He always made an effort to get to know the 3 younger siblings. I loved that about him. He cared about us! When I was old enough to drive, he even let me drive his pimped out car. All of my friends were like, WHOA! Jake lets you drive his car??? I'd smile and be like, "Yeah, duh!?! He's coo like that" What a nice big bro.
Now he lives in Arky and we all miss him here in MN, but are happy that he's pursuing God's calling on his life. He is married to a beautiful girlie named Sheena who I couldn't be happier to have as a sister (in-law, whatev). He also has this cute smiley little big cheekies boy, Jeremiah...what a blessing.



Love you, Jake! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


















(What a cute family he has)

3 comments:

Jake said...

My, what a tribute! I appreciate the post, and especially the captions to all those pics! And nothing, nothing tops a reminiscing with the memory box. That Z34 was my pride and joy. And I totally remember letting you drive me car and everyone being all “whoaaa” about it. Haha!!
Thanks Sis. Great post. Great because it was about me. J/K. Sort of.

Sheena said...

I must agree with Jake, that was an awesome post! I love all the pictures! You are such a GREAT sister! We love you!

Sarah Dee said...

haha great post and great memory box retreat cuz i remember jake's kangaroo dance and laughing at it too! :) oh jakester....